What shows in the WHOIS directory?
When a domain is registered, the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers, or ICANN, requires us to gather contact information for the person or business registering the domain name, known as the Registrant or Domain Holder. The WHOIS directory information displayed may vary, depending on the protection plan you have chosen for your domain.
Domains registered through GoDaddy with Basic Privacy
If you choose to turn privacy off, you consent to expose all contact information on that domain to the public.
Domains registered through GoDaddy with Full Protection or Ultimate Security
|Registrant Name: Registration Private|
|Registrant Organization: Domains By Proxy, LLC|
|Registrant Street: 14455 N. Hayden Road|
|Registrant City: Scottsdale|
|Registrant State/Province: Arizona|
|Registrant Postal Code: 85260|
|Registrant Country: US|
|Registrant Phone: +1.4806242599|
|Registrant Fax: +1.4806242598|
|Registrant Email: your domain email@example.com|
If you turn privacy off, you consent to expose all contact information on that domain to the public.
Note: These rules also apply to the contact information you have in the technical and administrative contact sections for the domain.
- For the best security on your domains and account, we recommend setting up two-step verification.
- Make sure you enable auto renew to continue your domain registration uninterrupted.
- You can update your domain contact information at any time.
- If you've decided to invoke Nominet's WHOIS opt-out policy, your contact information visibility will be determined by that policy, regardless of what protection privacy settings your domain is set to at GoDaddy.
- WHOIS contact details will not be made available via automated bulk lookup points over Port 43.
- GoDaddy has no control over what information a third party WHOIS directory displays.