What is delegate access?
Delegate access lets GoDaddy customers share access to their accounts with other people, but without having to share passwords or other secure information.
How does delegate access work?
As the account owner, you can invite others to access your account. If they accept your invitation, these delegates can open and use your products as they and you see fit:
- You decide if your delegates have permission to purchase products for your account. If so, delegates don't view and can't change your secure account information, like your payment methods or passwords.
- Products purchased by delegates on your behalf are added to your account.
- You can change permission levels or remove delegate access at any time.
- Delegates must have a GoDaddy account to accept your invitation. When you invite a delegate to access your account, we'll ask them to create an account if they don't have one.
How is delegate access different for domains?
- Delegates may manage DNS and nameserver changes and domain forwarding. However, delegates aren't allowed to manage DNS and nameserver changes for domains with privacy or protection.
- If you've given your delegate permission to buy products, then your delegate can also buy domains directly or on the domain aftermarket. Purchased domains are added to your account.
- Delegates aren't allowed to view or change your domain purchasing profile or your secure domain information such as your contact address.
- Delegates aren't allowed to sell your domains.
- You can also request access to another person's GoDaddy account.
- Learn more about delegate access levels.