Understanding More about Reseller Hosting
As of December 2014, Reseller Hosting is no longer available to purchase. If you wish to use WHMCS with your new server, you will need to purchase a license directly from WHMCS, and use their instructions to install it on your server. If you still have Reseller Hosting, you can still use this service for as long as you have the server.
Congratulations! Your Reseller Hosting Virtual Private Server (VPS) account completed the setup process. You might be asking yourself what to do next, though.
To help you get your bearings, this article explains what we've done for you during the server setup process. Beyond this article, we strongly encourage you to read over the documentation at docs.whmcs.com.
We provisioned your server with CentOS, cPanel®/WHM, and WHMCS® installed. In addition to installing the necessary software, we also set up and configured some more detailed features.
- Your server uses a custom EasyApache Config, which includes the latest stable version of PHP with the IonCubeLoader and GD modules.
- In addition to configuring the WHM "root" admin user, we set up an additional reseller account for you according to the information you entered for the "cPanel Account Information" during the setup process.
- We configured your server within WHMCS. To see this, from the Setup menu, select Products/Services, and then select Servers. For more information, see docs.whmcs.com/CPanel/WHM.
- We also created a MySQL database under the reseller domain according to the "WHMCS Database Information" you provided during the setup process. We used this database for the WHMCS installation; it's where all of your customer and product data gets stored.
- Sample Product
- We configured your cPanel Reseller Account within WHM to have permission to create "packages." As an example, we created a 2GB hosting package for you. The package was first created within WHM, and then configured within WHMCS to make it available via the WHMCS storefront. For more information about packages, see docs.whmcs.com/CPanel/WHM.
- This example product is set up as a free product; you probably want to change the price or disable it within WHMCS before making your domain available to the public.
- If you're still curious about what happened during the setup process, the set up process completes everything outlined in Install WHMCS. To better understand your Reseller Hosting VPS, you might want to review the article.
- If you have any problems logging into cPanel/WHM or WHMCS, see Retrieving Your Reseller Hosting Login Information.
- After configuring the DNS for your reseller domain to point to your server IP, you should be able to browse to coolexample.com/whmcs (where coolexample.com is your Reseller Hosting domain name and whmcs is your WHMCS install directory) and see WHMCS in action as a potential customer would. Click Order link to see your products.
- There are additional measures you can take to help secure your website and WHMCS installation. For more information, see Securing WHMCS Installations.
Beyond what the setup process has done for you, there are many customizable options within WHMCS. To get the most out of WHMCS, you might need to learn more about creating payment gateways and managing your orders. For more information, see the WHMCS website.