Synchronize my Calendar with my Mobile Device
The following instructions describe how to synchronize your Calendar with an iPhone, iPad, and Apple Mac OSX iCal, or an Android device.
Before you synchronize, ensure that you have published your Calendar. Publishing your Calendar makes it available for you to view from mobile devices. For information on publishing your Calendar see Importing, Exporting, and Subscribing to Calendars.
Note: You must use iPhone firmware 3.1.3 or newer to synchronize your Calendar with CalDAV. All versions of the iPad's firmware support CalDAV.
Calendar offers CalDAV support for iPhones, iPads, and Apple Mac OSX iCal. CalDAV lets you synchronize your personal Calendar with devices and applications easily. You can also use Calendar with your iPhone by importing, exporting, or subscribing to calendars. For more information, see Importing, Exporting, and Subscribing to Calendars.
Note: Using CalDAV does not synchronize group Calendars or event/task attachments.
- From the Home screen, tap Settings.
- Tap Passwords & Accounts.
- Tap Add Account.
- Tap Other.
- Tap Add CalDAV Account.
- Complete the following fields, and then tap Next.
- Server — Type
- User Name — Enter your Calendar user name, which is your email address.
- Password — Enter your Calendar password.
- Description — Enter a name for your Calendar to display on your phone.
- Server — Type
- Tap Save.
For Android devices, you need to sync your Calendar with the Google Calendar associated with the Gmail address that your Android device is using by subscribing to your shared Calendar.
- From the home screen on your Android device, tap the App Drawer.
- Tap Settings, and then tap Accounts & Sync.
- Tap Google as the account type, then Existing or Sign in.
- Enter your Google email address and password before tapping the right arrow or Sign in. (If you're using 2-step verification, enter the password for that instead.)
- Select Calendar from the list of services connected to your Google account.
- Tap the right arrow or Next. Your calendar should synchronize. (To be sure, open the Calendar.
Note: As a courtesy, we provide information about how to use certain third-party products, but we do not endorse or directly support third-party products and we are not responsible for the functions or reliability of such products.