Switch my Microsoft 365 account to Exchange in Samsung Email (Android)
If you're using Microsoft 365 as POP or IMAP, your data (including mail, contacts, and calendars) might not be connected to your email and could be lost if you delete that account. To prevent any data loss, and to get the most secure, fast, and reliable email, switch your POP or IMAP account to Exchange.
- Sign in to Outlook on the web. Use your Microsoft 365 email address and password (your GoDaddy username and password won't work here). If you see email in your inbox, continue to the next step.
- Open your Android's Email app.
- Tap Menu then tap Settings.
- Tap Add accounts.
- Tap Corporate (depending on your version, you may see Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync instead).
- Enter your GoDaddy Microsoft 365 email address and password then tap Sign in.
If Microsoft can't find your account, you'll be asked to enter your details manually:
• Username = your Microsoft 365 email address
• Password = your Microsoft 365 email password
• Server = outlook.office365.com
• Domain\username = \[Microsoft 365 email address] (example: \email@example.com)
- Tap Apply to enable security settings.
- Tap Next to complete manual setup (you can come back and edit these settings at any point).
- Tap Activate to activate the Phone Admin app.
- Edit your Account name and tap Done.
- You'll see a message confirming that your Microsoft 365 email account added to your Android.
Compare your POP/IMAP and Exchange accounts. If your email is in Exchange, remove the POP/IMAP version from your device.
- If you use other email clients, set up Exchange on them as well.