Setting Your Preferences
Website preferences are settings you can use to help manage your website. Your preferences also include the option to show or hide the Website Builder banner at the bottom of your pages.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- In your Products list click Website Builder, and then click Manage next to the account you want to use.
- If you are working in the Page Designer, click Exit Designer.
- From Settings , click Configuration.
- From the Banner section, select one of the following:
- Show dark banner — Displays a dark version of the banner on your Web pages.
- Show light banner — Displays a light version of the banner on your Web pages.
- Hide banner — Prevents the banner from displaying.
If you hide the banner, you'll see the light version of the banner in the Page Designer, but the banner will not display on the published page.
- From the Publish section, select any of the following:
- Show back up option on Publish page — Gives you the option to back up your website prior to publishing.
- Log publish details — Keeps a log of your publishing details.
- From the Search Engine Optimization section, enter values in the following fields:
- Redirect all visitors to — Redirects requests for your site to www.yourdomain.com. Search engines view yourdomain.com and www.yourdomain.com as separate sites. Combining them may help search engines rank your site higher.
- Description — A brief description of the content of your page. Some search engines use this information to help determine relevance and page rank.
- Keywords — Keywords are words that describe the content on your site. Keywords should have a space and a comma between each one. Adding more keywords will not necessarily improve your search engine ranking. You can effectively optimize your page without adding more than 10 to 15 keywords.
- From the Reseller Prog ID section, enter your reseller identification number. For information about becoming a reseller, click Become a Reseller.
- From the Favicon section, click Browse, and then select an image you want to upload. When visitors bookmark your site, the favicon displays next to the name of your Web page in their favorites list.
- Click OK.