Set up my Managed SSL Certificate
Note: We offer a Managed SSL service where we install and manage the SSL certificate for you, if you prefer to spend time on other things.
After you purchase a Managed SSL, submit a request for the website you want us to secure.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Select SSL certificates and then Set up next to the Managed SSL you're setting up.
- The next step depends on where your site is hosted, with GoDaddy or externally.
- Hosted with GoDaddy
- Select Internal Hosting.
- From the Step 2: Pick your hosting product for this certificate dropdown list, select the hosting product where the site you want to secure is hosted.
- For Step 3: Pick the domain for this certificate, either select the site from the list, or select Or enter a domain or subdomain and type the domain or subdomain for the site you want to protect. After you either select or type your site’s domain, select Next.
- Select External Hosting.
- For Step 2: Pick the domain for this certificate, either select the domain or subdomain from the list or select Or enter a domain or subdomain and type the domain or subdomain you want to protect. After you either select or type your domain or subdomain, select Next.
- Type in the credentials for direct access to the server where you website is hosted, and then select Next. This information is required for us to install your SSL for you.
You will see your domain’s security status and HTTPS will show Setup in progress.
You can see the status of your installation at any time if you select Details for HTTPS. We'll let you know by email when your Managed SSL is installed on your website or if there's any additional information we need to complete the installation.