Restore databases using Site Backup in cPanel hosting
Note: Site Backup hasn’t been sold as a new product since January 2018. For our new backup solution, see What is Website Backup?
You can restore your databases to a previous state using a Site Backup backup.
Warning: Using these backups overwrites the entire database, meaning any new data entered since the backup was created will be lost.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Under Web Hosting, next to the Linux Hosting account you want to use, click Manage.
- In the account Dashboard, click cPanel Admin.
- In the cPanel Home page, in the Files area, click Site Backup.
- In the Databases section, Click (Restore Database).
- From the Date menu, select the backup you want to use.
- Click Restore.
- Check the box to confirm, then click Restore once more to finish the restore of your database.
Your restore may take several minutes to complete, depending on the size of the database you are restoring.