Restore a database in my Linux Hosting account
If your database got hacked or damaged, here's how to restore your database from a cPanel manual backup.
Note: These steps assume you've made a manual backup file in cPanel. If you don't have a backup file, contact a GoDaddy Guide for assistance. If you have Site Backup, see Restore my website using Site Backup to restore your database.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Under Web Hosting, next to the Linux Hosting account you want to use, click Manage.
- In the account Dashboard, click cPanel Admin.
- In the cPanel Home page, in the Files section click Backup.
- Below Restore a MySQL Database Backup, click Browse, and then select the backup SQL file on your local machine.
- Click Upload.
- Want us to take care of backups automatically? Learn more about Website Backup.