Replace cover photo with solid color
For some websites a solid-color first section may look better than a photo.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Scroll down to Website Builder and select Manage next to the website you want to change.
- Select Edit Site.
- Open the Header section by selecting the cover image of your Home page.
- Select the arrow next to Cover Media.
- Select the trash can to remove the image.
- Select Done and you'll see the options for the header again. Pick one of your accent colors, or select Edit theme color to pick new colors. Remember if you remove content from your website builder, the content on the screen will automatically readjust. Use the editor on the right to add the content back in.
- Your changes are saved automatically. Remember to Publish your site when you are finished.
- Want to switch the background color? Choose your site colors.
- If you don't want a solid color, then add a header photo or add a header video.
- Another option is to create a promotional banner to the top of your website, or add a pop-up box.