Prepare for your website design consultation
We’re excited that you chose GoDaddy’s Website Design Services to build a site for you! Your first appointment should already be scheduled to speak with us. If it hasn't been scheduled yet, you’ll receive a call within one business day.
We know your time is valuable. For a productive and efficient first meeting, here are some things to have ready before we meet.
Ask yourself these questions before our online meeting:
- What do you want to accomplish with your website? Do you want to generate leads, tell your story, sell your products?
- What pages do you want to have on your website? (for example, a home page, a services page, "Contact Us," and so on)
- For a web store: What kind of product information do you want on the site?
- What inspiration would you like to use for your site design? If there's an existing site or a website from your industry that you'd like to emulate, bring that to our meeting and we'll use it as a guide.
- Which files and photos would you like to add to your site? Do you have a logo, professional photography or content? If not, we can provide these for you. If you do want to provide content for your site, follow the steps below to upload content to the site Media Library.
Send us your photos and files before our meeting
Uploading the images, logos and content you'd like to use for your website helps your Website Design Specialist better understand the layout, functionality and branding your site needs. To upload your assets:
- Access the Media Library link in the email we sent you, and sign in with your GoDaddy info. If you have multiple Website Design projects, each one has its own unique link.
- Drag and drop your files in the Add to library box.
Note:You can upload these file types to the Media Library: .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .gif, .webp, .svg, .tif, .tiff, .pdf, .doc, .docx, .csv, and .xls. For all other file types (for example, .wav or .mp4), email them to your Website Design Specialist before our meeting.
(Optional) To add a comment to an uploaded file (for example, "header photo"), select the file and enter the comment in the box.
After you upload files, you can see each one in My Uploads (below Browse by collection).
When it's time for our meeting
- You'll need to be at your computer for the video session, which may take up to 90 minutes.
- At the appointed time, launch Zoom, click Join and enter the Meeting ID number we sent in your session invitation.
- Your website design process should take about six weeks, allowing time for revisions and ending with a live website published to your domain name.
- Throughout the design work, you'll have a dedicated design specialist. At the end, a publishing specialist may join your team to get your site edited and live within that 6-week time frame.
- It's important to choose one contact person from your business or organization so we can keep everything organized.
- Get familiar with the different Website Design Service plans.