Manually copy WordPress site into another folder
You may need to copy your WordPress site from one folder to another in the same hosting account, but it takes a few more steps than simply copying the files.
Note: Give yourself 30-60 minutes to complete all five parts.
This procedure will walk you all the way through manually copying a WordPress site into another folder in the same hosting account.
Manually copying a WordPress site into another folder has these five parts:
- Part 1: Create a new database for your site to use.
- Part 2: Export the database from the old database.
- Part 3: Import the database into the new database you want to use.
- Part 4: Copy the files into the new folder.
- Part 5: Update the connection strings to connect to the new database