Our goal is to help small businesses succeed online. For those customers looking for professional help we offer 'do it for me' services to build their websites, stores and more. While our skills are broad, there are a few types of businesses we do not build sites for.
The list below is not intended to be exhaustive. We reserve the right to determine our ability to provide professional services on a site-by-site basis and the right to modify the list of excluded industries/types of sites at any time.
Note: You are responsible for ensuring that any product posted for sale on your Web Store is in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. Any item that is deemed by GoDaddy to be illegal for sale, or to fall within one or more of the following categories, is subject to immediate removal.
Violations of this Policy may also result in a range of other actions, including but not limited to, limits on account privileges, account suspension, account cancellation and/or forfeit of fees on canceled listings. If you use Stripe on your site to collect payments for your products and services, see Stripe's list of prohibited businesses.
Prohibited Sites and Web Stores (Non-exhaustive list)
You agree that you will not use Services to build Web Stores that sell or advertise:
- Illegal items and items that encourage, promote, facilitate, or instruct others to engage in illegal activity
- Electronic cigarettes ("e-cigarettes") and Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems (including e-hookah, vape pens, advanced refillable personal vaporizers and electronic pipes, collectively referred to as "ENDS") pre-loaded with a tobacco or a tobacco-derived substance
- Alcoholic beverages
- Credit or debit cards (active or inactive)
- Financial, currency exchange, loans or related products
- Domain names
- Sites selling stolen or unauthorized items, including counterfeit products such as copies of movies (VHS, DVD, etc.), software, and other trademarks
- Products that have been recalled by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC)
- Hatred & Intolerance: We do not allow the promotion of content that incites or endorses hatred against others, that inappropriately discriminates against a person or group, or that seeks to intimidate, exploit, or humiliate others.
- Sale of guns, gun parts, weapons, or gunpowder and other explosives that can cause serious damage to persons or property.
- Abortion-related products or services
- Non-prescription and prescription pharmaceutical substances and illegal drugs, including, but not limited to, items used to manufacture controlled substances and/or drug paraphernalia. See the following table for marijuana themed allowances:
Marijuana themed allowances Can Include Cannot Include T-shirts or swag items with marijuana leaf images Marijuana/CBD sales Items for sale made from hemp (for example, fabrics or rope) Informational site for a dispensary, including imagery of marijuana and social media content Sale of products that contain THC as an ingredient Sale of paraphernalia (such as bongs or pipes)
- Adult sites and services, and related offensive material such as pornography and escort sites. See the following table for adult-themed allowances:
Adult themed allowances Can Include Cannot Include Adult toys for sale Site that plays pornography Informational site for a strip club (cannot include nude imagery) Site that solicits sexual activities (e.g. escort site with services listed) Informational site for an adult store (cannot include nude imagery) Site that is selling used undergarments Nude imagery as it pertains to art (for example, images of the statue of David) Imagery of adult products being used Nude imagery as it pertains to the medical field (breast before and after images for a breast cancer specialist) Nude imagery (not including nudes used for medical sites or art)
- All sites and Web Stores must:
- Be appropriately licensed and compliant with all local laws for the jurisdictions in which they do business
- Adhere to mailing guidelines and policies set forth by the USPS and/or respective shipping companies
- See our legal agreement for Website Design Services