How do I patch MailEnable on my Windows Parallels Plesk Panel server?
Some of the information in this article is advanced material we make available as a courtesy. Please be advised that you are responsible for properly following the procedures below. Customer Support cannot assist with these topics.
This article applies only to versions of MailEnable older than 6.83.
Parallels Plesk Panel for Windows automatically installs the MailEnable email program by default.
The version of MailEnable installed by Parallels Plesk Panel has a critical security vulnerability that could allow a remote attacker access to your server. You must download the hotfix and patch the MailEnable program that was shipped with Parallels Plesk Panel, as soon as possible, to prevent any issues with your Windows Dedicated or Virtual Private Server (VPS).
To Apply the MailEnable Hotfix
- Log in to your Windows server using Remote Desktop Connection. See Connect via Remote Desktop (RDC) to your Windows server.
- Download and install the MailEnable Core Services Security Update.
- If you receive a warning regarding downloading a file from a site that is not one of your Trusted Sites, click Add and uncheck Requires server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone., click Add, and then click Close.
- Return to Internet Explorer, type http://mailenable.com/hotfix/ME-10027.EXE in the Address field again, and then click Go.
- Click Run when you are prompted to run or save the file.
- Complete the installation process, keeping the default settings.
Note: If the link above did not automatically open a new browser window, launch Internet Explorer, type http://mailenable.com/hotfix/ME-10027.EXE in the Address field, and then click Go.