HostGator: Set mail destination
To finish setting up Office 365 from GoDaddy on a domain at HostGator, you need to add and change DNS records to point your domain name’s email to Office 365.
The values you need for each new record are provided on your Office 365 Set Mail Destination page, after you verify your domain ownership.
- Log in to your HostGator cPanel.
- Scroll to the Domains section.
- Click Advanced DNS Zone Editor.
- TXT Record: Select TXT from the menu, and enter the information we showed in your Office 365 account. Click Add Record.
- CNAME records: Select CNAME from the menu, and enter the information we showed in your Office 365 account. Click Add Record.
- Go back to your cPanel.
- Scroll to the Mail section.
- Click MX Entry.
- MX Record: In the Change MX Entry section select your domain, and enter the information we showed in your Office 365 account. Click Change.
You can contact HostGator customer support at 1 (866) 964 - 2867 if you need additional help.
Note: You won't be able to enter your SRV records at HostGator, which means that you won't be able to access Skype for Business on your device. However, you can still access Skype for Business with OWA.
- Have GoDaddy check your new DNS settings, by logging into your account, and clicking I updated these settings. Check, please! You'll get an email when your Office 365 address is ready to go!
- Then, set up your email client: