Get the auth code for my domain
Get the authorization code (auth code, EPP code, or transfer key) for your domains before transferring to another company. You can't transfer a domain within 60 days of new registration or transfer from another registrar, or, in some cases within 60 days of changing the first or last name, organization, or email address of the domain contact info.
- Sign in to your GoDaddy Domain Portfolio. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Select the specific domain you'll be transferring to access the Domain Settings page.
- Under Additional Settings select Transfer domain away from GoDaddy.
- Review the transfer checklist details. You don't need an auth code to transfer .uk domains to another company.
- Important: Domain Privacy will be turned off after you complete the next step. This is to make sure your domain contact info is transferred to the new registrar.
- If your domain has Domain Protection, you'll need to verify your identity. If you've had two-step verification (2SV) turned on for at least 24 hours, enter the code we sent via SMS, or enter the code from your authenticator app. Otherwise, enter the one-time password we sent to your registrant email address.
That's it! Now that you have your auth code, you can continue with your domain transfer at the new company. Select My Domains to go back to your list of domains.
- Provide the auth code to your new registrar to continue the transfer.
- Transfers typically take 5-7 days to complete, but you can help the process by approving the transfer.
- Create and download a .csv export to get the auth codes for multiple domains.
- Some domains may have special requirements for authorization codes.
- Transfer eligibility details can be found in ICANN's Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy and our Change of Registrant Agreement.