Enable external email forwarding
As a security measure, by default, you can't forward email to external addresses. You'll first need to turn on external email forwarding before you can forward Microsoft 365 email to a different account.
- Sign in to your Email & Office Dashboard.
- Select Admin > Email Forwarding.
- Select Forwarding Status.
- Turn on the toggle under your domain name.
- Once it's done loading, select Close to exit the window. You can now forward your email to external addresses.
Return to this page to manage email forwarding for your users, including to add, edit, or delete a forwarding address.
- Create inbox rules to automatically move incoming messages to a specific folder or assign an importance level. Learn more from Microsoft.