Disable Secondary DNS
Disable Secondary DNS for a domain name at any time. If you're using GoDaddy nameservers as secondary nameservers, we move your domain to the default Premium DNS nameservers. Disabling Secondary DNS will remove the additional set of nameservers currently acting as a backup for your DNS zone file.
- Sign in to your GoDaddy Domain Portfolio. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Select Domain Edit Options next to your domain and then select Edit DNS. You may need to scroll down to see Edit DNS.
- Select Secondary DNS from the More menu.
- Select Off under Enabled to turn off and disable Secondary DNS.
- Select Apply to save your changes.
Most DNS updates take effect within an hour, but could take up to 48 hours to update globally.
- Looking for some extra DNS security? Enable DNSSEC now that you've disabled Secondary DNS.
- Create a template to quickly apply DNS records to your domains.
- Keep your domains organized with folders and preset profiles.