Create a sitemap in WordPress
Follow the steps below to ensure your WordPress site has an XML sitemap, which can help improve your website's SEO by making it easier for search engines like Google to find and crawl your most important pages. Many third-party plugins can be used to create a sitemap, and we cover installing the Yoast SEO plugin. If you decide to use a different plugin, choose one that is actively maintained.
- Sign in to WordPress.
- Install and activate the Yoast SEO plugin.
- On the left-side menu, select Yoast SEO and then Settings.
- Under General, Ensure that Site features is selected.
- Scroll down to APIs and, under XML sitemaps, ensure the Enable feature toggle is turned on.
- If the Enable feature is disabled, turn the toggle on and then select Save changes.