Change the number of links allowed in a WordPress comment
You can adjust the number of links a WordPress comment can contain before it requires moderation. SPAM comments often contain numerous links, so this setting can help reduce it.
- Log in to WordPress
- Go to Settings > Discussion
- Locate the Comment Moderation section
- In the first line of this section, change the number according to your preference. Any comments containing that many or more links will automatically require approval.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, and click Save Changes.
- Log into a test user and try to submit a comment that includes more links than you defined in your settings.
- Return to Preventing WordPress comment spam.
- For more information about our premium support for WordPress, please visit our WP Premium Support Catalog.