Change my payee information
Here's how to make changes to your payee information, including your bank record, preferred payment method and preferred tax form.
Note: You can’t change the nickname or delete a payee account once it’s set up. However, you can update your payee account information at any time to adjust the payment details.
- Go to your GoDaddy My Profile page. You might be prompted to sign in.
- Verify that your contact information is up-to-date. If not, select Edit and then Save when you're done.
- Select Payees.
- Select View/Edit next to the Payee account that you want to update.
- Select Edit in the Address section of the Payment Details Entry to change the name and address information. When you're finished, select Next. Some items may need a little more attention:
- You have to use a street address - no P.O. boxes. U.S. customers can have a paper check sent to a P.O. Box, but you must contact customer support to set that up. This method is only available for paper checks – all other payment methods require a standard physical address (not a P.O. Box address).
- If your bank account isn't in the same country named in your GoDaddy account, contact customer support to set that up.
- In the Payment Method section, select a payment method from the drop-down list and enter any necessary banking information. When you’re finished, select Next. There are a few things to keep in mind when completing this section:
- If you choose PayPal as a payment method, make sure your first and last name are exactly the same as they appear in your PayPal profile. You might need to add your middle name to the Last name field if that's in your PayPal profile info.
- Select Hold My Payments from the Payment Method list if you want to place a temporary hold on getting paid. We'll hold payments to you until you change this selection.
- (Optional) Just below the Payment Method, you can select Edit my payment threshold, and choose a value from the list. This sets the minimum amount that triggers a payment. If you're OK with the default amount, you don't need to change anything.
Note: Here's the scoop on payment thresholds and possible transaction fees.
- Complete the tax form and then select Next. You're all done!
- We'll send an email notification for account activities like updates to your payee info or tax form status.
- If you need help determining which payment method is right for you, we recommend talking to a business or tax lawyer.
- For info on payee accounts, see Set up a payee account .