Cancel 2-step verification
If you want to cancel 2-step verification (2SV), verify whether you still have access to the device, authenticator app or hardware security key that you used to set up 2SV.
Do you have access to a device or app that you used to set up 2SV?
If you have access to the device, authenticator app or security key that you used to set up 2-step verification (2SV), just sign in, delete it and you’re good to go! You can always turn it back on.
- Go to your GoDaddy Login & PIN page.
- You might be prompted to sign in. If you enabled 2SV, enter the code from your phone or authenticator app, or insert your security key.
Note: Not getting your 2SV code? Our 2SV troubleshooting will help you out.
- Under 2-Step Verification, select Edit.
- Next to the authentication method you want to remove, select Delete.
- Select Remove. A success message will display and we'll turn off 2SV immediately.
- If you set a backup method for 2SV and want to remove it, repeat steps 3 and 4.