Allow my site's customers to create accounts
When you enable Websites + Marketing's Member Accounts feature, you make things simpler for your customers and yourself:
- Customers can save or change their shipping and profile info to speed checkout.
- They also can check the status of their orders and appointments.
- As the site owner, you can grant customers and members access to private pages with sales and other promotional information.
Without the Member Accounts feature enabled, customers can still purchase your products or sign up for events and appointments. They just can’t see their own shipping or profile info.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Scroll to Websites + Marketing Websites and select your website.
- Select Settings, then Membership.
- Toggle Member Accounts on.
- Select Accept to republish your site.
- You can now control access to private pages.
- To allow all members access to your private pages: Select Anyone can create an account to access my private pages.
- To choose which members have access to specific private pages: Select Only people I invite can access my private pages. People invited to view your private pages will receive an email with an Activate Account link. They'll use the link to create an account password separate from being a Member (managing shipping and appointments).
- Manage page settings and members for your private pages
- Invite individual members to view your private pages
- Invite multiple members to view your private pages
- Add an Online Appointments section so that customers can book time with you
- Still not sure if you should enable membership? Some things to consider:
- You’ll be able to create private areas that’ll help you inform groups of users easily – but remember that you won’t be able to choose which members have access to which pages. All members will be able to see all private pages.
- Enabling membership means a little more management on your part – for example, approving access.
- But it also saves a little time on your part, because people can see their profile and shipping.
- Learn more about what you can do with Websites + Marketing