Add my Office 365 email address to Apple Mail (Mac)
Step 3 of the Set up my Office 365 account series.
Add your Office 365 email to Apple Mail. Then you can send and receive business emails from your Mac.
You can watch a short video of this task farther down the page.
- Open Apple Mail and click Mail (if this is your first time setting up Apple Mail, opening the application will start the add your email account process).
- Click Add Account.
- Select Exchange and click Continue.
- Enter your Name, Office 365 email address and click Sign In.
- Click Sign In again to let Microsoft locate your email address and account info.
Note: If Microsoft can't find your email, you'll be asked to enter your details manually:
• Username = your Office 365 email address
• Password = your Office 365 email password
• Internal URL = outlook.office365.com
• External URL = outlook.office365.com
- You'll get redirected to the Office 365 login screen. Enter your Office 365 email password and click Sign In.
Note: You might be asked to give permission to Office 365 as a part of your log in. Check the Consent on behalf of your organization and click Accept.
- Click Done (you can come back and edit these settings at any point).
- Your account will display and emails will start to load, this can take a few minutes.
Your email is on Apple Mail and you're good to go! If you want to add your email to another device, click Previous. If you're all set, head to the next step!