Add a TXT record
A TXT record (short for text record) is an informational DNS record used to associate arbitrary text with a host or other name. TXT records are most commonly used to verify domain ownership, SSL verification, and email sender policies, such as SPF records and DMARC policies.
- Log in to your GoDaddy Domain Control Center. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Select your domain to access the Domain Settings page.
- Under Additional Settings, select Manage DNS.
- Select ADD below the table of your existing DNS records.
- Choose TXT from the record options drop down menu.
- Enter the details for your TXT record:
- Host: Enter the host name for the TXT record. For example, type www to put the record on www.coolexample.com. To put the host on coolexample.com, enter @ in the Host field.
- TXT Value: The value you are setting as the destination of the Host.
- TTL: Determine how long the server should cache information.
- Select Save to complete your updates.
Please allow up to 48 hours for your DNS changes to take full effect globally.