Add a simple product in WooCommerce
You can add the products for your WooCommerce store from inside the WordPress dashboard. The following steps explain how to add a simple product, though there are other product types available.
- Sign in to WordPress.
- In the left-hand menu, click Products, which will expand and give additional options.
- Click Add New in the expanded Products menu.
- Fill-out the Product name field with the name of your product.
- In the large text box, enter a Description of the product.
- In the Product data section, complete the following:
- Check the Virtual and/or Downloadable boxes, if either applies to your product.
- On the General tab, set a price for the product in the Regular price box.
- Look through the remaining tabs and complete any parts that are relevant for the product.
- Next, enter a Product short description, which will typically appear next to the image of the product on your store.
- On the right-hand side of the page, in the Product categories section, check the box for any related categories.
Note: If you have not already added a category, then you can click Add a category to do so.
- Click the Save Draft or Publish button near the top-right.
You can make changes to the product’s settings at any time.