About .vc Domains
Afilias is the sponsor and backend provider for the country-code top-level domain name (ccTLD) .vc extensions that represents Ascension and Tristan da Cunha Islands.
Who can register .vc domains?
Anyone can register .vc domain names.
When registering a .vc domain, you must follow specific requirements.
- Must use: 2 - 63 Characters
- Can use: Letters: a-z, Numbers: 0-9, Hyphens (except in the 1st or last characters of the domain name)
- Cannot use: Special Characters (e.g.,& and #)
- IDNs: Not supported
- Registration length: 1-10 years
- Renewal length: 1-9 years
- If you have auto-renew enabled, we’ll attempt to charge the associated payment method and renew your .vc domain on its expiration date.
- If auto-renew fails or isn't enabled at all, we’ll park your .vc domain. A parked domain will display a temporary web page when the domain name is entered in a web browser.
- If the domain isn't manually renewed within 40 days following expiration, we cancel it and remove it from your account.
- Backorders: Not supported
- Transfers to GoDaddy: Supported
- Transfers away from GoDaddy: Supported
- Transfer Lock: Supported
- Transfers to another GoDaddy account: Supported
- Basic privacy protection: Supported
- Protection plan upgrades: Supported
- Cash Parking: Supported
- Contact Updates: Supported
- Must use: 1-13 Nameservers
- Can use: IPv4 and IPv6
- Can not use:DNSSEC
For details on refunds, see our refund policy. Most domains will follow the Standard Refund Terms, but certain domains may have exceptions or may not be refundable at all. Review the information under Products with Special Refund Terms, and then Domain Name Registrations/Renewals and Products Not Eligible for Refunds.