-bash: sudo: command not found

I am trying to turn my account into root, by the command "sudo su -", but I am informed this.

I'm using ssh.

http://i.imgur.com/yjhXbMw.png

Helper V

@andersonhese wrote:

I am trying to turn my account into root, by the command "sudo su -", but I am informed this.

I'm using ssh.

http://i.imgur.com/yjhXbMw.png

@andersonhese

Hello there,

I had this issue gosh some time back...... (sorry to say longer then my memory goes)..... however I believe it had to do with the shell fork bomb protection....... login to server, security it is there. Try disabling this , then try again. You can always enable it when you are done.

Hope this helps!

Mrsroadrunner Photography

@andersonhese @mrsroadrunner

Hi, I'm having the same issue. But I don't understand part of the response from @mrsroadrunner's :

however I believe it had to do with the shell fork bomb protection....... login to server, security it is there. Try disabling this , then try again. You can always enable it when you are done.

ount into root, by the command "sudo su -", but I am informed this.

When you say "login to server", are you talking about connecting via SSH? Or using Godaddy's portal? Either way, I can't find anything about shell fork bomb protection.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

@arvn wrote:

@andersonhese @mrsroadrunner

Hi, I'm having the same issue. But I don't understand part of the response from @mrsroadrunner's :

however I believe it had to do with the shell fork bomb protection....... login to server, security it is there. Try disabling this , then try again. You can always enable it when you are done.

ount into root, by the command "sudo su -", but I am informed this.

When you say "login to server", are you talking about connecting via SSH? Or using Godaddy's portal? Either way, I can't find anything about shell fork bomb protection.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

@arvn

Hello there Arvin,

If you go into your server, then go to the security tab..... you might be able to do it through SSH but I have no clue how to disable the feature there?

Wish you well!

Mrsroadrunner Photography

I have the same problem. But I am not sure where I could find "login to server", and where are the Sudo options? 

Community Team
Community Team

Hi @peymmo, what type of server are you trying to access?  VPS?  Dedicated?  

MPC

Hello, 

I have the same issue, Anyone Get the solution on this ?  

This is an old thread, but it has the exact same question that I am looking for. 

I did an additional search and found this:

https://www.godaddy.com/help/enable-adminroot-access-managed-or-fully-managed-12270

I'm going to try it and let you know.

Well, indeed, it did not work.  As I suspected, you have to have your own dedicated or managed server in order to  get root access.  I am on a Linux cPanel hosting, but it is shared. 

So   hopefully I'll be able to accomplish what I'm  trying to do without root access.  We will see. 

This is posted FYI. 

View solution in original post