New

How can I rewrite dns so that mail works beyond godaddy?

Hi, I would like to rewrite my domain name dns but have 6 subscriptions to office 365 mail service. How can I rewrite dns so that mail works beyond godaddy? It would be very urgent. Thanks

Super User IV

@zsolt1 

As long as your recreate the DNS Zone wherever you are moving it to, your email should continue to work as it has been

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Thank you for your replyt so if i do new ns1, ns2 will the emails on godaddy continue to work? Do I need to configure the MX record?

@zsolt1

As long as you setup the Mx records on the new dns you should be good

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Ok, thank you, can you help me what are the godaddy mx records?

@zsolt1 

You said you are using office 365 so it would be the office 365 records.

What I suggest you do is goto https://dcc.godaddy.com/manage/YOURDOMAIN.com/dns

replacing YOURDOMAIN.com with your actual domain. This will show you the current domain settings you will need to copy to the new DNS servers.

If this is not something you feel comfortable with I suggest speaking with an IT consultant who can help you set this up.

View solution in original post

thank you for your help.