Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setup hosting account for another domain registrar

Hello

how are you all

i have  facing a problem

i have just purchase linux deluxe hosting account

after completion the order i go to hosting account for setup

when i click setup hosting account its ask me domain name , the issue is that when i type my domain name its says domain already hosted..

please note that my domain is not on godaddy.com , its on cheekydomains.com

how can i setup this hosting account ?

3 REPLIES 3
Rockstar II Rockstar II
Rockstar II

Re: setup hosting account for another domain registrar

Sounds like you purchased new hosting for an existing domain @obaidullahgodil? It doesn't matter where your domain lives but it can only be hosted (pointed) to one hosting at a time. Check out Why did I get an error message when I tried setting up a New Account? and Change nameservers for my domains. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

My friend purchased domain from PAKHOST, domain name is http://assignments.pk, i added this domain to my godaddy account  and updated name servers at pakhost domain panel as ns71.domaincontrol.com AND ns72.domaincontrol.com , its a,most a day passed but it is still showing "Site can not be reached". 

Please guide me what should i do..

Thanks

Rockstar II Rockstar II
Rockstar II

@MeerPanhyar wrote:

My friend purchased domain from PAKHOST, domain name is *************, i added this domain to my godaddy account  and updated name servers at pakhost domain panel as ns71.domaincontrol.com AND ns72.domaincontrol.com , its a,most a day passed but it is still showing "Site can not be reached". 

Please guide me what should i do..

Thanks

It seems that this is done now and I'm a bit late but for future reference a lot of the time switching hosts is a hurry up and wait situation. I've seen changes in 48 seconds, 48 minutes and as much as 48 hours. There are a lot of things that need to go right but if you have the proper setup it is usually just waiting. Perhaps you can share more about your experience? Hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head