cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

files in cpanel File Manager but not ftp

I am logging into my ftp account, but since changing my main domain on an existing hosting account, I cannot access my files. All of my files are listed in cpanel but not ftp.

I have an entire wordpress site installed from cpanel. The only files showing up are .ftpquota.

I have connected to ftp with IP address as well and there is the same problem.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: files in cpanel File Manager but not ftp

Hi @lwaterfo. Welcome to GoDaddy Community!

My guess would be that you're connecting to the account using an FTP user that has a specific path set for it. To address this you could either remove that user and set it up again with the correct path (in cPanel) or just connect to the account using the primary FTP username and password, which should have full account access. If that doesn't help, feel free to follow up here with more information. Others in the community may have additional suggestions. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Re: files in cpanel File Manager but not ftp

I am facing similar issue. all files are listed properly in cpanel but through ftp application root directory is empty. I am using special FTP user account which has complete access. 

Any suggestion ?