cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

editting my.cnf or changing mysql from STRICT mode

I have a serious problem with my database, and after researching i found that i need to SET GLOBAL sql_mode='' or Edit the MY.CNF file in cpanel to make sure it isn't set to STRICT_ALL_TABLES " as shown by here ( on stackoverflow ) , but i can't seem to do any of these on my cpanel or phpadmin, HELP ME! please i beg of you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Employee

This is a setting that can't be changed on shared hosting. If this is an absolute requirement you'll need to look into hosting on a cPanel VPS.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Employee

This is a setting that can't be changed on shared hosting. If this is an absolute requirement you'll need to look into hosting on a cPanel VPS.

View solution in original post

Hi,

So I have a similar issue in an attempt to upload a third party app to my hosting. I'm not sure if the type of hosting I have with you guys is the type required to be able to edit said documents. I would like to know what my options are to decide what next to do.

The change I would like to make to STRICT mode is outlined below

sql-mode="NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION"

Kindly advice.

Community Manager

Hi @uonukwue. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! If you're not sure what type of hosting you have, odds are you have a shared cPanel plan instead of a dedicated plan (VPS or Dedicated Server). Usually, if someone purchases a dedicated plan, they're aware that they are doing so. However, you can tell for sure based on how the plan is listed in your GoDaddy account. If the account is listed under Web Hosting, you have a shared plan. I hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.