cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cPanel Linux shared hosting - list of opened ports

fetch.php page hosted on cPanel requires access to PORT 9306 to fetch data from a remote server. Log indicates that the request fails to connect. Looks like cPanel/GoDaddy doesn't allow traffic on 9306. (fetch.php works when running on other machines).

I can't find a list of opened ports (in cPanel/GoDaddy) -- the idea being to send the request thru an opened port and configure our firewall to forward it to 9306.

Any suggestion?

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: cPanel Linux shared hosting - list of opened ports

Hi @gauvins. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! There isn't a list of open ports for any of our hosting plans, for security purposes. However, I can tell you that the majority of ports are locked down for any of our Shared Hosting plans. If you need to use port 9306, you would need to consider a VPS or Dedicated Server, at least in our environment. I hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

1. thanks for your prompt feedback

2. understood.

3. can't justify VPS - found a workaround.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the update @gauvins. If you wouldn't mind, could you share what you did to resolve the problem? Others may find the information useful if they have a similar situation. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.