cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Viewing Subdomain Website via cPanel

Hi, odd question.

I previously had an Ecommerce store piggybacking as a subdomain underneath another store with an EV SSL. Since then, I've cloned the subdomain site to it's own managed Wordpress site, moved the domain to point to the clone, and given the new site a proper EV SSL.

However, I'm wanting to get some information of old orders from the WP-admin of the old subdomain version of the site, as not all of the information transferred across correctly. Is there a way to view the subdomain (quinnbeautyspa.probeauty.co.nz) wp-admin? It's currently not resolving.

5 REPLIES 5
Super User III Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: Viewing Subdomain Website via cPanel

Yes, WordPress does need to be properly associated with a domain to function.  So you wouldn't be able to use WordPress to change the domain like this, but you can go into the database and update the domain.  This can just be where it's located in the hosting account, like primarydomain.com/subdomainfolder

https://www.godaddy.com/help/wordpress-change-domain-hosting-or-directory-troubleshooting-5712?

Thanks for that! It got me a step in the right direction, but now that I've updated it to the location, I'm getting a 404 on the primary domain when I try to access the subdomain.

Does the below seem correct?

[/images deleted]

Super User III

I believe it should be primarydomain.co.nz/secondarydomain.co.nz without the public_html.

Perfection! That was it. Thank you so much.

Super User III

Sounds good, glad to help.