Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Helper IV
Helper IV

Video Walkthrough | Installing Third-Party SSLs in cPanel Accounts

Hi Friends,

I have created a video walk-through on Installing Third-Party SSLs in cPanel Accounts

I have attached a video File below. Easy to understand. 

Update:  https://goo.gl/e81abo

If You find above video is helpful. Give me a kudos!.

Thank You. Smiley Happy

8 REPLIES 8
Helper VI
Helper VI

Re: Video Walkthrough | Installing Third-Party SSLs in cPanel Accounts

What is this?!?

An advertise for trustico.com?

Why should anyone install that certificate when you can get one FREE OF ANY CHARGE from Let's Encrypt?

***Signature: -> Do not assume anything! If you want help, explain your problem. If my post helped you, give it a Kudo. If you have the solution, mark the topic as Solved.
Helper IV
Helper IV
Solution

@Adrian8

The answer lies in the article title. 

Installing Third-Party SSLs in cPanel Account

I do prefer installing Let's Encrypt SSL for personal websites. 

Commerical vs Let's Encrypt.

Commercial SSL Certificate

• Commercial SSL Certificates are offered by a trusted CA like GoDaddy, Trustico etc that provide all types of SSL including Domain Validated, Organization validated, EV SSL, wildcard or multidomain SSL.
  • You can also claim for warranty in case of misuse or data breach.
  • They offer 24x7 online supports via email, chat or call.
  • You can protect your large or E-commerce Website.
  • You can acquire this certificate for maximum 39 months; so you need not worried about renewal all time.
  • Comes with trust seal/site seal
  • Every SSL comes with warranty start from $10,000

Let’s Encrypt

• Let's Encrypt is a free, automated, and open certificate authority that offers Free SSL Certificate for 90 days and then you have to renew it.
  • Currently, it provides only domain validated SSL Certificate which is not an ideal solution for large or e-commerce website.
  • You can secure your basic website only and if you deal with the online transaction, then it’s not sufficient to protect your website.
  • Apart from this, this certificate does not offer any warranty in case of misuse or data breach.
Helper VI
Helper VI

@manojkumarcdo

I agree with you.

For a commercial website that sells stuff, a paid certificate is a must!

But for a personal blog a certificate from Let's Encrypt is enough.

I have also seen commercial websites that are only presenting their products and/or services and they are using a free Let's Encrypt certificate.

***Signature: -> Do not assume anything! If you want help, explain your problem. If my post helped you, give it a Kudo. If you have the solution, mark the topic as Solved.

I created a website for a small business that supports online sales of their products, but only through Jotform forms which are secure.  ( https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=secure.jotform.com )

The webpages have a header banner, footer, and navigation buttons and then simply invoke the forms.  All user data is captured only in Jotform forms and customers paying via credit card or funds transfer only do so via PayPal with which the Jotform form deals.  No financial data is input in the Jotform form, only once the customer reaches PayPal.  The only "sensitive" data in the Jotform form is customer name, address, phone #, and email. 

Given the above, would a Let's Encrypt SSL certificate be adequate for my site's security?  If not, please explain why.  Thanks so much!

Given the above, would a Let's Encrypt SSL certificate be adequate for my site's security?  If not, please explain why.  Thanks so much!

The only "sensitive" data in the Jotform form is customer name, address, phone #, and email. 

I believe it would be sufficient for you. We used to handle the credit card information on-site but a few years back we changed to reduce the security hassle and now our payment flow is very similar to yours.

We don't want to bill until the product is ready to ship. When we are ready, we send an invoice with a payment link provided by our accounting/payment package where we have entered the order, payment amount, etc. When the customer clicks on the link they are taken to our payment processor and complete the transaction. We are notified that payment has been made and then fulfill the order.

I have always paid for a standard SSL cert from back when we needed it, but since no financial information is ever sent to our site I am switching to Lets Encrypt. I only wish GoDaddy supported automatic renewal like so many hosting providers do now. You have to decide whether your time/hassle is worth the money.

i tried and its not working 😞 

when i press the download the following error appears

Domain "*.zeesat.com" challenge3 failed. Response from "https://acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/acme/challenge/6t1fBHZArX-sK29ZKyZk6x7iIPUgDs0ODackfEPneqU/8812..." was: 

Warning: Your verification URL is not returning the correct contents to our verification servers. The URL looks like it is blocking bots and which inadvertently blocks our servers from receiving the correct content. Contact your host, a professional developer or admin for further help with fixing it.

Error: "mydomainname.com" was considered an unsafe domain by a third-party API

Full Error: { "type": "dns-01", "status": "invalid", "error": { "type": "urn:ietf:params:acme:error:unauthorized", "detail": "\"mydomainname.com\" was considered an unsafe domain by a third-party API", "status": 403 }, "url": "https://acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/acme/challenge/6t1fBHZArX-sK29ZKyZk6x7iIPUgDs0ODackfEPneqU/8812...", "token": "kixaWLUuzwJOIT_3qWBTts7BuqAaZKaGDQqKmDyPEWg", "validationRecord": [ { "hostname": "mydomainname.com" } ] }

New

This was extremely helpful. Thank you for putting it up!
New

So useful!  Ended up using again when my certificate needed updating. Thanks 🙂 I'd give you a second Kudos if possible