cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Sudden redirect on two domains- Godaddy says it is in the scripting, please help!

Much to my chagrin, I am having sudden redirect issues with two of my domains that are both being pointed to GoDaddy from Network Solutions. This has been happening on and off for about two weeks now, and no one seems able to fix the issue. GoDaddy just said that they don't know what is wrong, but it is something with the scripts for both sites. I have troubleshooted as much as I am able to; I have checked plugins, my computer, my browser, the theme files, and scanned for adware and malware multiple times. The result is the same each time- I will be working on the site for a few hours, and then I will get kicked from them with the alert on Wordpress saying that the connection was lost, and when I refresh the page, both sites take me to the same site- http://www.findingresult.com/   

I have plenty of photos and records of everything, and if anyone can suggest how to proceed, it would be great. Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User II

@ebcdcadmin2019 

Based on what I'm seeing both at WhatsMyDNS and LeafDNS, your nameservers are still pointed to Network Solutions. This could be due to a propagation issue on their side or it could be that you just pointed the IP addresses. It's also possible that they need to flush the DNS caching on their end as well, but that's not typical. 

In this particular instance, I would say it's a Network Solutions issue because it sends you to one of their parked pages. Best bet is to probably give them a call and have them run some diagnostics and help you get your nameservers updated to point to GoDaddy's hosting properly. 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II

@ebcdcadmin2019 

Based on what I'm seeing both at WhatsMyDNS and LeafDNS, your nameservers are still pointed to Network Solutions. This could be due to a propagation issue on their side or it could be that you just pointed the IP addresses. It's also possible that they need to flush the DNS caching on their end as well, but that's not typical. 

In this particular instance, I would say it's a Network Solutions issue because it sends you to one of their parked pages. Best bet is to probably give them a call and have them run some diagnostics and help you get your nameservers updated to point to GoDaddy's hosting properly. 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

Thank you so much @MrVapor- I'll reach out to my contact with Network Solutions and see what is going on with their end. Thanks again for the input!