cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Pointing main domain to a subfolder

For example, the main domain is abc.com. The previous developer installed wordpress incorrectly, some folders arent where they should be so some things dont update correctly. 

I'd like to point abc.com to the subfolder /abc, or abc.com/abc where the new wordpress install occurred.

When I go to "domains" in cpanel, it says "no configuration options exist for this domain", so I can't point it to a folder other than public html. Would a redirect be the best way to do this? (I havent created a subdomain of abc.abc.com yet, I didnt know if I needed to).

Thank you for any suggestions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User IV

@bdp31770 

since you are dealing with the main domain it would probably be best if you can move the site to root of public_html

If that is not an option, what I've done before is setup a cname called server1.abc.com and the main name of the server - then I add the root domain as a domain on the server and can point it to the correct folder

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User IV

@bdp31770 

since you are dealing with the main domain it would probably be best if you can move the site to root of public_html

If that is not an option, what I've done before is setup a cname called server1.abc.com and the main name of the server - then I add the root domain as a domain on the server and can point it to the correct folder

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post