cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Installing Applications causes error

I have been able to install my first package using installatron via applications menu in  cpanel.  I would like to install two further packages (moodle and limesurvey) - however, they generate the following error. (IN fact trying to install any package now generates same error):

A test of the selected domain has failed (HTTP error: 404).

Installatron is unable to install on a domain that is not resolving/loading to this web account.

If this is a new web hosting account, or if this is a newly registered domain, please allow up to 24 hours for the domain to begin working (though usually within a few hours).

If you're sure that the domain is correctly loading to your web account, contact your web hosting administrator.

Any support that can be offered is very welcome.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Never mind... if anyone is having this issue run the following:

rm -fr /usr/local/installatron/lib /usr/local/installatron/etc/php.ini

curl -O https://data.installatron.com/installatron-plugin.sh

chmod +x installatron-plugin.sh

./installatron-plugin.sh -f –quick

It will fix it and some other things!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @pazdaz, hopefully you've been able to get this sorted out since you posted this message, but if you're still seeing a problem with new installations, please reach out to our live support teams so we can investigate what's going on.  Thanks. 

MPC

Hello,

I'm having exactly the same issue with installing applications on my hosting account. How do I get this resolved?

PS: I'm not seeing any links to Live Chat.

during installation wordpress getting this error again & again plz help

"! A test of the selected domain has failed (HTTP error: 404).

Installatron is unable to install on a domain that is not resolving/loading to this web account.

If this is a new web hosting account, or if this is a newly registered domain, please allow up to 24 hours for the domain to begin working (though usually within a few hours).

If you're sure that the domain is correctly loading to your web account, contact your web hosting administrator.

@pie1 wrote:

Hello,

I'm having exactly the same issue with installing applications on my hosting account. How do I get this resolved?

@pie1 wrote:

Hello,

I am having 404 error problems in cPanel/WHM installatron - specifically whenever you go to click on Installatron Applications Installer link in the user accounts admin or in the actual cpanel/WHM admin you get this swell "404 error" like so....

Screenshot from 2019-01-15 23-05-50.png

The error happened after the whm/cpanel upgrade. I have ran /scripts/upcp --force, restarted, reinstalled, et al. Everything works great... no visible problems with any of the sites, sites/server performance, etc. the only issue is one which doesn't seem to appear to be a lot of useful documentation on(though I am more than willing to be wrong and would be grateful just to be pointed in the right direction). 

I am presuming that this cPanel license is under GoDaddy, so I am not sure how I would even go about filing an actual support ticket. Any assistance, benevolence, kindness will be immensely appreciated.

should I run...

wget http://data.installatron.com/installatron-plugin.sh
./installatron-plugin.sh -f

and reinstall installatron?

should I run command line reinstall installatron?

Never mind... if anyone is having this issue run the following:

rm -fr /usr/local/installatron/lib /usr/local/installatron/etc/php.ini

curl -O https://data.installatron.com/installatron-plugin.sh

./installatron-plugin.sh -f –quick

It will fix it and some other things!

View solution in original post