cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

How will GoDaddy respond to the recent cPanel price rise?

On 27th June, cPanel announced a sudden massive price rise. I believe that this affects all hosting companies such as GoDaddy.

How will GoDaddy respond?

I can think of three ways: Pass on the price rise to customers; change from cPanel to a competitor; or give each customer the option of one or the other. There might be other possible responses.

I personally would prefer to move to a cPanel competitor than to have a price increase, as I host (for free) charitable sites and my own (very small) business site. A price increase would be unsustainable for me.

Has GoDaddy said anything yet?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: How will GoDaddy respond to the recent cPanel price rise?

Hello 

Zulfiqar Anees | GoDaddy Pro | Founder/CEO at FastTech Media, TechMag, and ZulWeb.
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Hi @PaddyLandau,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! GoDaddy, like other hosting providers using cPanel, will be impacted by these pricing changes. We are still in the process of assessing how we can minimize the impact of the cPanel price increase for our customers. Stay tuned!

Rachel

I'm glad you are responding to this. It goes further than just hosting. It affects all of the web developers who manage sites, those that create training videos, recommended hosting. It can be a business mudslide.  MaAnna Stephenson recently covered this big change. https://blogaid.net/tips-tuesday-better-hosting-death-of-google-traffic-video-marketing-chrome-ad-fi...

@SUSU That's an excellent point!

I wonder if the suddenness and extent of cPanel's price rise might backfire on them. I don't understand why the sudden money-grabbing; after all, cPanel has a gigantic market. Surely they're making good money?