cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having Problens with Gutenberg & Divi

I have an economy hosting site running Linux PHP 5.6 with WordPress installed.  I've been using Divi.  Everything has been going swimmingly until recently.  After upgrading to Gutenberg and the most recent version of Divi.  I can do nothing.  Each time I update a page.  The page becomes completely unresponsive.  Divi suggested making sure I have the following set up:

PHP 7
MySQL 5.5 or greater or MariaDB 10.0 or greater
The mod_rewrite Apache module```
More info: https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/
post_max_size 64M
max_execution_time 180
upload_max_filesize 64M
max_input_time 180
max_input_vars 3000
PHP memory limit 128MB

I can't make any of these changes through my hosting panel.  Does it have to be done by GoDaddy on their end.  Do I need to switch my hosting options?  This is something I do practically free for a small non-profit.  I'm at my wits end.

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Having Problens with Gutenberg & Divi

Hi @S_Holman. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! The following items would be available on all cPanel plans:

• PHP 7 (also PHP 7.1 and 7.2)
  • MySQL 5.5 or greater (current version is 5.6.x)
  • The mod_rewrite Apache module

As for the other items, you should be able to put these into a .user.ini file in the root directory of your website to make them take effect. See this post for more details. The script would look like this:

post_max_size = 64M
max_execution_time = 180
upload_max_filesize = 64M
max_input_time = 180
max_input_vars = 3000
memory_limit = 128M

If there isn't a .user.ini file in your websites root directory, you can simply use the File Manager in cPanel to make one our upload one using FTP. You can check to make sure the changes took effect using a phpinfo script. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.