cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Chi-Bu
New

Domain Forward from Namecheap Registrar to GoDaddy Domain

I have spent hours (days really - on it since 4 weeks with 10 hours a week on support chat) on trying to forward a domain name - chi-bu.com.com to open my GoDaddy domain and website chibuvietnam.com.
chi-bu.com is just a domain name, without host, Namecheap Registrar
chibuvietnam.com is GoDaddy domain and wordpress site (Linux Hosting CPanel) with Standard SSL certificate.

Here is what I tried so far:
1) Simple redirect chi-bu.com to https://chibuvietnam.com as Permanent (301) redirect of @ and www
===> not working

2) Set Up chi-bu.com as "Alias" in Cpanel of chibuvietnam.com
2a) Set up Custom DNS to GoDaddy nameservers - a total of 3 different combinations given by 3 different support staff from GoDaddy!

- ns33/ns34 (which are the nameservers used on chibuvietnam.com): did not work
 - ns35/ns36: worked for 4 days

- ns09/ns10: never worked
===> not working

I am at my wits end and desperate to find a solution. GoDaddy wants to force me to either:
1) pay 199 USD a year to add SSL to the alias chi-bu.com
2) transfer the domain from Namecheap to GoDaddy and repay the yearly fee for the domain name which is already prepaid for 5 years and then charge me to add Multi domain SSL

I AM SO HOPING SOMEBODY IN THIS COMMUNITY CAN HELP ME.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PL281
Super User IV

@Chi-Bu 

So in looking at chi-bu.com it is pointing to a Namecheap server (and I believe NameCheap's DNS Server)

So you have some options

1) Update the IP address to point to the cPanel server at GoDaddy and then using the Alias function in cPanel have the redirect

2) In NameCheap using their forwarding feature to redirect the domain.

If you are using option 2 you would need to reach out to their support for any issues.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PL281
Super User IV

@Chi-Bu 

So in looking at chi-bu.com it is pointing to a Namecheap server (and I believe NameCheap's DNS Server)

So you have some options

1) Update the IP address to point to the cPanel server at GoDaddy and then using the Alias function in cPanel have the redirect

2) In NameCheap using their forwarding feature to redirect the domain.

If you are using option 2 you would need to reach out to their support for any issues.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post