cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper V
Helper V

Does cPanel hosting support Include files

I have a cPanel Ultimate Hosting account on Linux. I would like to enable HSTS in the config for my site instead of .htaccess files.

Does Godaddy cPanel hosting support include files and if so where would I place the files and what name would I use.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Does cPanel hosting support Include files

Hi @oslinux

You cannot enable HSTS with any of our shared hosting accounts. A Virtual Dedicated or Dedicated Server will allow you to enable to do so. Sorry, this isn't something that we support so I don't have much information to provide. Maybe one of our community members can chime in with more information. 

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
Helper V
Helper V

You can enable HSTS for hosting accounts using the .htaccess file.

Adding the following in .htaccess file to enableHSTS

Header set Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=31536000" env=HTTPS

Testing with curl confirms that HSTS is enabled 

curl -s -D- https://oslinux.net/ | grep Strict
Strict-Transport-Security: max-age=31536000

@charminglygeeky do you know if Godaddy supports include files for cPannel accounts? 

are you sure it helps..i moved my website http://www.askforoffer.com to Askforoffer it lost backlinks. the same solution is read in other article that it will help to get back those links but its not working

New

I am shocked that Godaddy does not enable HSTS on their shared hosting plans. This is a stunning security failure by Godaddy, leaving their clients' shared hosting plans vulnerable to a common and widely known security attack. Lots of other hosting companies routinely offer HSTS enablement. Why cannot Godaddy? More importantly, why will not Godaddy?