cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Cpanel issue--keep getting notice that my IP has changed?

Please I need from here, have been experiencing this for a while now: most time when I tried to login my email server or cpanel, I receive the notification that my ip has changed, it always persists like that, don’t know why. Please someone should help me, thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello again so recently @ferdi456 !

I was provided feedback on the issue and also the thread was updated by removing some images to protect your information. 

Here is the solution I was provided:

This issue will happen with anyone who has a dynamic IP address. It is an effective security feature that is enabled intentionally in WHM to require sessions to be revalidated when a user's IP changes. The end-user should request a static IP from their provider or identify alternative solutions to prevent their IP from changing

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Employee

Hello @ferdi456 and thank you for being a part of the Community!

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue. Do you mind sharing a screenshot of the notification you receive?

[Removed]

Thank you for sharing that @ferdi456 !

Do you still experience the same issue when accessing your hosting dashboard in your GoDaddy account? Are you trying to access the cPanel login by entering it like domain.com/cpanel? Did you recently install a firewall?

Yes, but it happens once in a while, like yesterday, I couldn’t login the cpanel or email address, it returns the error message that my IP has changed, I should login again. I have to try many times without success. Then after a while, it will work properly again. I don’t know the reason. Another staff also experiences the same problem and reported to me.

@SG4101 I experience it also even when accessing the hosting from godaddy dashboard. It will log me out and ask me to login again.

@ferdi456 Sorry about my late response!

Do you experience this when you try a private browser? Did you have a firewall installed recently? If you are using Website Security, you can Whitelist your IP using the instructions linked. 

You mentioned that another staff members experiences this, does it happen with all users? I would reach out to Hosting Support to further assist.

Yes it happens to all users. When the cpanel is not responding, everything else won’t work also. I don’t know if it’s from the hosting plan or what. There’s no means to chat with GoDaddy live and calling from my country is expensive and one would need to wait on the line for over 20minutes before being attended to. I’m not just happy with this development. I was only able to check my emails later in the afternoon, from morning that I was trying to login. This is not so good about GoDaddy.

[Removed]

This is what I’m receiving trying to login cpanel from my GoDaddy account

PNG image.png

Up until now, I still can’t login my cpanel or email addresses. This is just too bad and I’m beginning to regret hosting this site on godaddy. No one to talk to, nobody to help in anyway. You’re just alone. I have mails, I can’t read or reply them for hours now, because email is working.

Hello again @ferdi456

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue, the GoDaddy Community consists mostly of end users with no account access.

If you are experiencing issues with chat, other users have suggested to try using chat by using a private browser and/or change the location in GoDaddy to the US. Other users have suggested a VPN if you have access to it. GoDaddy Support does have a global directory with different support numbers that is country specific.

Thank you for the screenshots by the way, I was able to dig a little deeper as to why this may be happening based off the screenshots and more information you shared. If you are trying to login to cPanel with the same username as someone else, this error will continue to happen as concurrent connections on two different devices are not supported. (Source: GoDaddy Community Post.)

I was also able to find a cPanel forum post that experienced a similar issue and it mentioned Cookie ID validation might be causing the error with a  few solutions to try: clear cache/cookies, try a different web browser, or use a VPN to access. (Source: cPanel Support Forum.)

I will forward this entire post appropriately but will not have a turnaround time when it might be addressed which would make reaching out to Support the best option at this moment. If the suggestions in the linked articles did not work, I would reach out to Support to further assist. 

Hello again so recently @ferdi456 !

I was provided feedback on the issue and also the thread was updated by removing some images to protect your information. 

Here is the solution I was provided:

This issue will happen with anyone who has a dynamic IP address. It is an effective security feature that is enabled intentionally in WHM to require sessions to be revalidated when a user's IP changes. The end-user should request a static IP from their provider or identify alternative solutions to prevent their IP from changing

View solution in original post

Thank you very much for your candid help @SG4101, I was able to employ vpn and now I don’t experience the problems anymore, thank and remain blessed.

In my limited knowledge IP will not change when you are already connected and a session is on. Godaddy is known to provide technical jargon as a solution to cover their inability. My site was down completely on couple of occasions last week. When I requested for a  reason for the downtime, the chat-support was unable to give a proper explanation. The irony is that sites were back to normal after some time without any action form the site admin or godaddy. Planning to shift my account to another. But I need a refund. They are not wiling to refund