• VPS & Dedicated Servers

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    New

SERVER DOWN after updating WHM/cPanel

I, my name is Orwa, I'm the IT Manager of my company.

Our dedicated server went down after updating the WHM. Once I rebooted the server, it never came back up. It has been 3 days now.
    One of our websites, hosted on this server has more than a half a million users! I'm shaking, it also has all company email address, ERP system, Database backups and online order managements.

I'm calling GoDaddy Support, for about 60 hours ago. I can  PING the IP Address, but I can't log to WHM and I cannot see any of my website Cpanels, I can assure you that our server is down and I need someone to "put it on".

I even tried doing two "Power Cycles" directly through Godaddy Dashboard account, and I think it does the power cycle, but something is wrong because I can't access anything, neither the WHM, cPanel or even pinging the IP.

Can someone help me out? It's URGENT.

My server IP is 192.169.196.44.

Kind Regards,
    Orwa

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Orwa 

So a couple of things - 

1) You need to get the server back up and running - if the ticket was closed you should have gotten an email stating it was resolved - I suggest if possible calling into support vs the chat

2) Once you can get onto the server - I strongly suggest migrating to the Gen4 platform - in addition to being CentOS 7 vs 6 - it is also SSD HD, more disk space as well as more features in the GoDaddy management dashboard.

I've seen this WHM issue on one or two other posts - it is something that fails during the upgrade - as I said GoDaddy has to fix it.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
    Super User IV

@Orwa 

Is this a Gen3 VPS or a Gen4 VPS - if it is Gen4 you should be able to get into the recovery console - if it is a Gen3 you will need to get with GoDaddy.

You said you've been calling GoDaddy 60 hours ago - did you speak to someone - this is usually an issue that they can resolve on the phone / with a tech supervisor - upon occasion they do need to open a ticket - but my experience is that it gets resolved fairly quickly.

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Thank you very much for your message, my server seems to be Gen 3, I do not have access to SSH or the recovery consol, all control I have over the server is to "restart" the server, I have contacted them through the Chat and the agent got the server running for exactly 2 minutes, then it went down again, the agent said they will open a ticket and it's been almost 3 days waiting for an answer to the ticket, I have tried to hire a server administrator outside this site but they can't login to SSH to even check the settings.

The most worrying thing is that this morning I contacting an agent in non-business hours to follow the ticket, she said that the case is "closed" without even hearing from Godaddy or getting any emails, I am seriously stuck with this and I beg for help.

Ticket.jpg

@Orwa 

So a couple of things - 

1) You need to get the server back up and running - if the ticket was closed you should have gotten an email stating it was resolved - I suggest if possible calling into support vs the chat

2) Once you can get onto the server - I strongly suggest migrating to the Gen4 platform - in addition to being CentOS 7 vs 6 - it is also SSD HD, more disk space as well as more features in the GoDaddy management dashboard.

I've seen this WHM issue on one or two other posts - it is something that fails during the upgrade - as I said GoDaddy has to fix it.

View solution in original post