• VPS & Dedicated Servers
  • VPS & Dedicated Servers

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Highlighted

Need help creating a child theme

Kind of a long explanation coming here, I totally get why I want a child theme if I need to update code. I am a complete rookie when it comes to the code so bear with me. I am building a wordpress site and am using a purchased theme Magee Pro. I wanted to add the Woo Commerce plugin as I feel the plugin has a better store than what is provided in the theme and integrates the shopping cart ect. The documentation warned that it could have a problem displaying correctly in some themes and mine apparently is one of them. They have the code to fix the problem and suggest that it be done in a child theme. I downloaded another plugin Child Theme Configurator version 2.0.1 so that I could make the necessary changes unfortunately I get this message back when I use configurator : Notice: Undefined variable: align in /home/content/08/9552408/html/soultrek/wp-content/themes/magee/includes/magee-shortcodes.php on line 1909 and it warns I may not be able to create a child theme with the existing conditions. I have asked how to address this problem in creating the child theme on the Magee help forum (my theme was purchased long enough ago that it is no longer covered under the tech support I guess) and have not received a response. I am wondering if anyone here can help me get this issue resolved. Can I make the changes in the Custom CSS portion of the of my theme for the Woo Commerce display problems and will this work as well as changing the code inside the theme and not be affected by updates? If not what can I or should I do?

1 REPLY 1
    Highlighted
    Helper I
    Helper I

Re: Need help creating a child theme

@renee219, I noticed that this was unanswered.  Did you ever find a solution to your problem?

Mike
    Web Developer at BOLDelite.com