• GoDaddy Community
  • VPS & Dedicated Servers
  • VPS & Dedicated Servers

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Missing directory: /sys/block

Hi, I'm currently in the middle (actually, somewhere near the end) of installing quite a complicated application on a GoDaddy VPS (CentOS 7). After a fairly large amount of effort, I have managed to get MongoDB installed, but it's failing because a directory called /sys/block doesn't exist.

I've done a bit of research and it's apparently very strange for this directory to be missing on CentOS, and I can't figure out any possible reason for it or how to resolve it (it's impossible to create a directory in /sys/), and someone on the MongoDB forums said the same thing.

So I'm wondering if anyone here knows why that might be, and what I might have to do to resolve this issue? This is the last major hurdle I have left to getting my application running, but I'm at a loss for how to fix it myself.

Thanks,

Alex

2 REPLIES 2
    davisdre317
    Super User I

Hello @alexobviously and welcome to the GoDaddy community. 

I'm curious did you figure out your issue?

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
    Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***

Hi, no we couldn't solve this and we gave up on GoDaddy as a result. We've switched to Heroku and everything is working smoothly.