• VPS & Dedicated Servers
  • VPS & Dedicated Servers

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    New

It is clear that these cubs have no thoughts.

I will ask only one thing. My vps server is in the process of patching without prior notice, and the server has stopped for more than an hour. Are you kidding me now? How do you plan to compensate for the damage that has been stopped for more than an hour? No, isn't it the least, the least, the least polite to announce and patch in advance if there is an idea in the first place? Are you really without brains? O [removed] [removed] [removed] [removed] mother[removed]er

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Super User IV

@Goja 

I have a number of VPS servers with GoDaddy and I had about 4 days notice of the patching it was sent via email with the subject "We're patching the host server for ________"

As you can see from the list below I've gotten notices - I've also copied the text - I suggest you check your  spam for the emails - these should go to the email on file for your account

We're installing patches on your _________ host server. Between September 17, 2020 5:00 PM GMT and September 18, 2020 1:00 AM GMT, you may experience up to 30 minutes of intermittent interruption to your hosting services while we install the patches.

After the patches are installed, we'll reboot the host server and you'll be up and running.

If you have any questions, please contact our hosting support team around the clock at +1 (480) 463-8856.

Email Sept 12 @6:20PM (GMT-4) - Patching between 9/16 5pm GMT - 9/17 1am GMT

Email Sept 12 @6:31PM (GMT-4) - Patching between 9/16 5pm GMT - 9/17 1am GMT

Email Sept 14 @6:39PM (GMT-4) - Patching between 9/17 5pm GMT - 9/18 1am GMT

Email Sept 14 @6:41PM (GMT-4) - Patching between 9/17 5pm GMT - 9/18 1am GMT

Email Sept 14 @8:00PM (GMT-4) - Patching between 9/17 5pm GMT - 9/18 1am GMT

Also back in May

Email May 8 @8:30PM (GMT-4) - Patching between 5/11 8pm GMT - 5/128 2am GMT

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
    Super User IV

@Goja 

I have a number of VPS servers with GoDaddy and I had about 4 days notice of the patching it was sent via email with the subject "We're patching the host server for ________"

As you can see from the list below I've gotten notices - I've also copied the text - I suggest you check your  spam for the emails - these should go to the email on file for your account

We're installing patches on your _________ host server. Between September 17, 2020 5:00 PM GMT and September 18, 2020 1:00 AM GMT, you may experience up to 30 minutes of intermittent interruption to your hosting services while we install the patches.

After the patches are installed, we'll reboot the host server and you'll be up and running.

If you have any questions, please contact our hosting support team around the clock at +1 (480) 463-8856.

Email Sept 12 @6:20PM (GMT-4) - Patching between 9/16 5pm GMT - 9/17 1am GMT

Email Sept 12 @6:31PM (GMT-4) - Patching between 9/16 5pm GMT - 9/17 1am GMT

Email Sept 14 @6:39PM (GMT-4) - Patching between 9/17 5pm GMT - 9/18 1am GMT

Email Sept 14 @6:41PM (GMT-4) - Patching between 9/17 5pm GMT - 9/18 1am GMT

Email Sept 14 @8:00PM (GMT-4) - Patching between 9/17 5pm GMT - 9/18 1am GMT

Also back in May

Email May 8 @8:30PM (GMT-4) - Patching between 5/11 8pm GMT - 5/128 2am GMT

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post