• VPS & Dedicated Servers

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Highlighted
    New

Go Daddy Online Store Advance Tracking Inventory Options

So I have an Item that comes in 7 sizes 4 main colors and 5 secondary colors, if my math is correct that's 140 combinations. I want my customers to be able to pick their size, the primary color and then secondary color. The issue is that these items are hand made and all the colors are not always available due to importation issues. So say I have 40 combinations currently available, my customers will have to go through each combination until they find one that is available (not likely).

The simple solution would be for the developers to make a simple code that would go through my inventory, when the customer picks his/her size it would automatically filter out the colors not available and would only let them choose what is available.

Any thoughts on how to let my customers know which items are available so that they don't have to stumble through all the combination before they find one that they would like?

Thanks,

Mike

2 REPLIES 2
    Highlighted
    Community Team
    Community Team

Re: Go Daddy Online Store Advance Tracking Inventory Options

Hi Mike, our system will not automatically remove any of your inventory options, so you would need to log in and manually disable an option in the event that you sell the last remaining piece of a particular item.  You could then add the option back in when the item is back in stock.  

Inventory management at the level you're describing may be available in a future version of the Online Store. I'll be happy to pass your feedback along through the proper channels for review.  Thank you.

^M  

Highlighted
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Re: Go Daddy Online Store Advance Tracking Inventory Options

Hi @Owlco

Looking into this, the only way I can see that you could do it is by using Advanced Tracking when setting up the product. You would then be able to specify the inventory you have for each color combo. That would give you the option to show that sometimes the color is available, but if you don't have it in stock, they wouldn't be able to add it to their cart. A message is displayed showing that the item is out of stock. Of course, with that many variations, it would take a while to set up each product. Once you've done it though, you'd have a way of controlling what's available on the site. For more on this feature, check out our help article here.

Others in the community might have additional pointers on how to do this. What does everyone think?

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.