• VPS & Dedicated Servers
  • VPS & Dedicated Servers

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Change domain name on virtual server

Hello, I've a virtual server (windows) with Goddady, and several domains register with Godaddy as well. Currently I've RegistroDeportivo.com attached to the server. I got a new name, RegistroDeportivoLogin.com (with Godaddy too) and I need to change that on the server, so, instead of my users using RegistroDeportivo.com they will use RegistroDeportivoLogin.com. The old domain  will be used for something else. Is there a document or a video someone could send me so I have more information? I also have a SSL certificate attached to the domain name. I know I need to remove that certificate and buy a new one for the new domain name, but, I need to do all the changes before I get the new certificate. I don't want to start changing things at random, because I'm afraid I might destroy everything. Any document, video and or link to a related post will be highly appreciated. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @J_Grana,

Welcome to the Community!

Here are two articles with instruction that may help you in making that change. While you didn't specify the type of dedicated server, there are articles for both. Note the special notations for the Windows options.

Change the hostname for my Gen 4 server

Set up my Gen 3 server

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi @J_Grana,

Welcome to the Community!

Here are two articles with instruction that may help you in making that change. While you didn't specify the type of dedicated server, there are articles for both. Note the special notations for the Windows options.

Change the hostname for my Gen 4 server

Set up my Gen 3 server

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post