• VPS & Dedicated Servers

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    hartmada
    Getting Started

CentOS 7 with cPanel: php* excluded in /etc/yum.conf?

I am interested in installing phpldapadmin on my GoDaddy hosted VPS, but I noticed that all php* packages are excluded in /etc/yum.conf.  I was informed that this was a cPanel issue, but I thought that I would start here for more information about bypassing this exclusion for phpldapadmin.  Does anyone have phpldapadmin installed, and are there any security concerns or risks with doing so?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    hartmada
    Getting Started

I received a reply from cPanel's technical support. They said that phpLDAPadmin is not something they test on their end, and they are, therefore, not aware of any issues (security or otherwise) that phpLDAPadmin may create.  They suggested an install from source or Yum would be fine.  They recommend only removing "php*" from the exclude line while you perform your work and then adding it back when you're done.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
    hartmada
    Getting Started

I received a reply from cPanel's technical support. They said that phpLDAPadmin is not something they test on their end, and they are, therefore, not aware of any issues (security or otherwise) that phpLDAPadmin may create.  They suggested an install from source or Yum would be fine.  They recommend only removing "php*" from the exclude line while you perform your work and then adding it back when you're done.

View solution in original post